生命支持 & medical emergencies
PSE works hard to provide reliable service to all customers and we understand that is especially important for customers that have 生命支持 equipment or Medical Emergencies at home.
Please contact PSE at 1-888-225-5773 if life support equipment is used at your residence that is dependent on electric service. The PSE Customer Care team will provide information on how to apply for 生命支持 status on your account. Eligibility criteria for 生命支持 status include:
- Active PSE electric service at the location
- Individual requiring life support equipment lives at the service location
- Customer completes 生命支持 form with input from their medical provider and returns it to PSE for approval
- Customer completes annual 生命支持 status review forms and returns them to PSE for approval
When a customer account is approved for 生命支持 status, a seal is placed on the electric meter to ensure that field personnel know that critical medical equipment is in use at the residence. Customers with 生命支持 status on their account also receive advanced notice for scheduled outages, 在可能的情况下, and 48 hours' notice before disconnection of service due to failure to pay.
Completing the actions above for 生命支持 status is not a guarantee of service and does not give priority in restoration efforts. PSE strongly suggests that customers have an appropriate emergency plan in place for 生命支持.
Examples of in-home 生命支持 equipment include:
- Infant apnea monitors
- Feeding or infusion pumps
- Oxygen concentrators
- Ventricular assist devices
If you or a member of your household has a serious medical condition and you receive a disconnection notice or your service has been disconnected, contact us immediately at 1-888-225-5773.
PSE can postpone disconnection or reinstate customer utility service after we have been informed that there is a medical emergency situation in the home.
Once you notify PSE about the medical emergency, you must provide the following within five business days:
- A medical emergency certificate from a medical professional who provides your health care
- Payment for a minimum of 10 percent of the past-due balance
- Agreement to pay the remaining balance within 120 days along with subsequent bills when due